Our Mission: Nutrition, Education, Livelihood
To fight hunger and poverty by providing proper nutrition and access to quality education for children of the poor, as well as sustainable livelihood opportunities for their parents.
Our Vision: Freedom from Hunger and Poverty
We envision a nation free from hunger and poverty, built through personal social responsibility and collaborative partnerships.
Negrense Volunteers for Change (NVC) Foundation, Inc. was established in August 2010 in Bacolod City, Philippines by private citizens who believe that by pooling the energies, resources, talents, and skills of individuals, we can bring about a better future for Filipinos.
We harness the power of private citizens to create positive and lasting change in their communities, towns and cities, and our country.
“Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has.” –Margaret Mead, Anthropologist
NVC is a non-stock, non-profit organization registered under the Philippine Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD) and Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC).
- DSWD Registration No. DSWD-FO VI R-0000053-2011
- SEC Registration No. CN201029061
- in the power of the ordinary person to effect positive and powerful change
- that every person is born with a mission, and each singular step is useful and important
- that a single dedicated person, no matter what his or her situation may be, can make positive and lasting change in the community
- that strength comes from individuals working together towards a common vision
- in forging partnerships and alliances as a vehicle to strengthen the power of the individual
- that the poor and underprivileged must find meaning and hope beyond their daily livelihood and trade
in helping the people and communities we serve to help themselves and in harnessing their power to become partners in the building of our nation
Board of Trustees
- Virgilio Roy Hojilla
- Ma. Carmela V. Regalado
- Karren Mae Bulos
- Jose Luis Araneta
Mingo Production Plant Manager
- Christine J. Abaquin
Artisans of Hope Marketing Director
Message from the NVC President
My biggest privilege as a volunteer for NVC Foundation is to experience firsthand the wonderful ways people express their love for those who have less: from children who break their piggy banks to hand over their savings, to our own employees waiving holiday pay so that they could contribute to our mission.
And even more heartwarming is to witness the cycle of love going full circle over and over again, when our project recipients are transformed into donors by handing us donations to keep our work going.
We are a young and small organization, once envisioned to serve only our neighborhood. But because of all the love we have received since we were born in 2010, we have now served 32 provinces.
As we thank a faithful God who has never failed to sustain our dreams and our quests, we are grateful to all our friends from within and without—our staff, volunteers, friends we know and friends we don’t—who allow us to leave heart prints along the paths we take, affirming that there is no limit to how much we can serve, because love delivers.
MILLIE L. KILAYKO
Awards and Recognition
- On November 5, 2014, NVC Foundation was given the Outstanding Negrense Award by the Provincial Government of Negros Occidental. Learn more
- On April 26, 2014, NVC Foundation received the Signum La Sallianum Award from the University of St La Salle and a Community Service Award from the Locsin Genealogy Foundation. Learn more