There are so many angels who approach us to source Mingo so they can conduct feeding programs in their own...
MINGO FOR EMERGENCY RELIEF
Mingo is an ideal meal for emergency situations.
An Ideal Emergency Meal
Because of its convenience and nutritional value, Mingo has also gained popularity as food for emergency relief operations and has been used to feed people affected by natural disasters, war or displacement for other reasons. The foil packs are waterproof as well as easy to transport and distribute. Each pack contains the right amount of Mingo powder for one meal so nothing gets wasted. If potable water is available, Mingo may be made into a delicious porridge or drink but some recipients enjoy eating it straight out of the pack. Though it was developed for young children, Mingo makes a nutritious emergency meal for people of all ages. Thanks to our generous partners and donors, we are able to reach out to many of our fellowmen in their time of need. Because of the Covid crisis, NVC started The Feeding Force Project under which food packs with dried fish, fresh produce and Mingo are distributed to those in need.
- Dinagat Islands feeding program using Mingo Meals boasts 69.6% success rate
- The Asian Development Bank affirms Mingo’s effectivity in a Philippine project
- UNICEF Philippines: “Large numbers of Filipino children are undernourished: 3.6 million of children 0-59 months are underweight; and 4 million are stunted.”
- Philippine Daily Inquirer: Our hungry and stunted children
- The World Health Organization: Complementary feeding
- United States National Center for Biotechnology Information: The importance of infant and young child feeding and recommended practices
as of March 2021
Mingo Meals produced
YOUR DONATIONS HAVE SUPPORTED